1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Easy and delicious, a complete meal in one and great for entertaining as you can prepare in advance and just put it in the oven and forget about it until ready to serve, great for entertaining!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 675 g leeks
- 280 g small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 200 g cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 125 ml white wine
- 175 ml chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1You will need: a large shallow baking dish about 3 pint capacity for this dish.
- 2Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F / Gas 4. Clean and thickly slice the leeks.
- 3Slice the potatoes as thinly as possible.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, cook the leeks and garlic for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften. Remove from the heat and put the leeks and garlic in the baking dish.
- 5Place the cheese, wine, stock, and cornflour in a blender and process until smooth.
- 6Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the leeks, season well and then pour over the sauce.
- 7Layer the potatoes on top, season, and brush the potatoes very thoroughly with the melted butter.
- 8Cook in the preheated oven for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours until the potatoes are well cooked and brown. Serve at once with the parsley scattered over.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Dauphinoise
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.3
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 236.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with garlic and herbs