Recipe by Ozzy
Easy and delicious, a complete meal in one and great for entertaining as you can prepare in advance and just put it in the oven and forget about it until ready to serve, great for entertaining!!
- 675 g leeks
- 280 g small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 200 g cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 125 ml white wine
- 175 ml chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need: a large shallow baking dish about 3 pint capacity for this dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F / Gas 4. Clean and thickly slice the leeks.
- Slice the potatoes as thinly as possible.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, cook the leeks and garlic for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften. Remove from the heat and put the leeks and garlic in the baking dish.
- Place the cheese, wine, stock, and cornflour in a blender and process until smooth.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the leeks, season well and then pour over the sauce.
- Layer the potatoes on top, season, and brush the potatoes very thoroughly with the melted butter.
- Cook in the preheated oven for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours until the potatoes are well cooked and brown. Serve at once with the parsley scattered over.