Originally a turkish dish of spit-roasted meat, döner kebab is now the best-selling fast food in Germany. This version using chicken is adapted from Australian Women's Weekly.
- Preheat barbecue or oven to 350°F.
- Combine oil, spices, garlic, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and thoroughly coat in marinade.
- Cook chicken about 1 hour, basting occasionally with remaining marinade, until browned and cooked through.
- Combine yogurt and hummus in a medium bowl,.
- Thinly slice chicken from the bone.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumber and yogurt-hummus mixture, in pita bread or tortillas.