Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Originally a turkish dish of spit-roasted meat, döner kebab is now the best-selling fast food in Germany. This version using chicken is adapted from Australian Women's Weekly.
- Preheat barbecue or oven to 350°F.
- Combine oil, spices, garlic, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and thoroughly coat in marinade.
- Cook chicken about 1 hour, basting occasionally with remaining marinade, until browned and cooked through.
- Combine yogurt and hummus in a medium bowl,.
- Thinly slice chicken from the bone.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumber and yogurt-hummus mixture, in pita bread or tortillas.
This is great! The meat comes out so juicy and flavorful! I omitted the salt and used fat free Greek yogurt with the hummus. So good! I took advantage of a good sale on chicken leg quarters, so I cooked both thighs and drumsticks this way and used the thighs as directed. The drumsticks were great sliced over a salad with Greek dressing for lunch the next day! Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely yummy. It tastes as good, if not better than the chicken doner from my local kebab house.
Very good! Not quite like the ones you get on the street in New York or Europe, but very close and my craving was satisfied! I recommend this recipe to anyone craving a Döner kebab! These are tasty and pretty easy to make too.