Recipe by realbirdlady
Originally a turkish dish of spit-roasted meat, döner kebab is now the best-selling fast food in Germany. This version using chicken is adapted from Australian Women's Weekly.
Top Review by Starrynews
This is great! The meat comes out so juicy and flavorful! I omitted the salt and used fat free Greek yogurt with the hummus. So good! I took advantage of a good sale on chicken leg quarters, so I cooked both thighs and drumsticks this way and used the thighs as directed. The drumsticks were great sliced over a salad with Greek dressing for lunch the next day! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- lettuce, shredded
- Preheat barbecue or oven to 350°F.
- Combine oil, spices, garlic, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and thoroughly coat in marinade.
- Cook chicken about 1 hour, basting occasionally with remaining marinade, until browned and cooked through.
- Combine yogurt and hummus in a medium bowl,.
- Thinly slice chicken from the bone.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumber and yogurt-hummus mixture, in pita bread or tortillas.