Recipe by Porfavorcorona
I received this recipe in a recipe swap. The bad part is I can't remember which friend gave it to me. I like to use the fit and easy thin sliced "great for scallopine" boneless chicken breast.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
This was one of my favorite recieps from all that I chose for PAC. It went together fast and tastes fabulous. I made as posted. Thanks for posting a keeper! Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin cutlets
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- flour (for dredging)
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- While the oil is heating, season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge it in flour.
- Cook the chicken over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the chicken to a large baking dish and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the wine, stir with a wooden spoon to release any caramelized bits that may be stuck to the pan and cook until the wine has almost completely evaporated.
- Add the chicken broth and cook for 1 minute more.
- Arrange the mushroom slices on top of the chicken and pour the cooking liquid into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the mushrooms.
- Place the baking dish under the broiler and cook until the cheese is melted.