This is an express recipe, only 20 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of cooking. From Coup de Pouce.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 8 chicken cutlets (1 lb in total)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- In a not too deep bowl, mix flour and half salt and pepper. In anoter bowl, with a whisk, beat egg and milk. Put pecans in a third bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper on chicken cutlets. Put one side of chicken cutlets in the mixture of flour, then in egg and then in pecans.
- In a big skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil at medium-low heat. Add half of the chicken cutlets, the coating of pecans under, and cook about 2 minutes or until begin to brown and be crispy. Flip the chicken cutlets and keep cooking for 4 minutes or until chicken is not pink inside. Cover and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining chicken cutlets and oil.
- Deglaze the skillet. Add chicken stock and bring to boil and scrape the bottom of the skillet to remove the bits. Let simmer about 5 minutes or until reduce to about 1/2 cup. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Sprinkle the sauce over chicken cutlets.