Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an express recipe, only 20 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of cooking. From Coup de Pouce.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 8 chicken cutlets (1 lb in total)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- In a not too deep bowl, mix flour and half salt and pepper. In anoter bowl, with a whisk, beat egg and milk. Put pecans in a third bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper on chicken cutlets. Put one side of chicken cutlets in the mixture of flour, then in egg and then in pecans.
- In a big skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil at medium-low heat. Add half of the chicken cutlets, the coating of pecans under, and cook about 2 minutes or until begin to brown and be crispy. Flip the chicken cutlets and keep cooking for 4 minutes or until chicken is not pink inside. Cover and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining chicken cutlets and oil.
- Deglaze the skillet. Add chicken stock and bring to boil and scrape the bottom of the skillet to remove the bits. Let simmer about 5 minutes or until reduce to about 1/2 cup. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Sprinkle the sauce over chicken cutlets.
This taste good! Love the pecans in it. The pecans were dark already but the insides were still a bit raw/. Will just use more oil and cut out on the mustard next time. Thanks!
Two of my daughters and I really enjoyed this but my husband and third daughter were "it's ok." It's hard to please a family of 5! I used chicken tenders; I always have a hard time with chicken getting cooked thoroughly on the stovetop without burning the outside so I did finish this in the oven. Maybe it's my pan. I served this with Green Beans Caesar, Delicious Cowboy Biscuits, and Thai Coconut Rice. Quite the meal!
This is an awesome chicken recipe. I finely ground my pecans and only used about 1 T of the Dijon mustard. It was so good and my family loved this. I served it with "Awesome Green Beans". Delish!