Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Don't you just love recipes that you can dress up or enjoy as is? Then you'll just love this one. Place it on your favorite sandwich roll, sliced atop your favorite pasta, or accompanied with some great green veggies! Recipe from BHG.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, cut into slivers
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- flour, for coating
- ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese, cut into 8 slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat; cook mushrooms till tender.
- Remove mushrooms; set aside. Remove liquid from skillet; reserve.
- Roll chicken in flour to coat. Season with pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet over medium heat; brown chicken, turning once. Remove chicken; place in a 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with mushrooms; set aside.
- Add white wine and Madeira to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Pour wine mixture over chicken.
- Bake until chicken is no longer pink, about 20 minutes. Place slice of Fontina on each chicken breast. Return to oven. Bake until cheese is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.