Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A family favorite and an always requested recipe.
Make and share this Chicken Cutlets With Bacon, Rosemary and Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces (using scissors works best)
- flour, for dredging
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded out to an even thickness
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over med-high heat til crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer with slotted spoon to plate lined with paper towels. Spoon off all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Meanwhile, place flour in shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, shake off excess.
- Add butter to reserved bacon fat in skillet and heat. Cook chicken until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate, leaving fat in skillet. Cover chicken loosely with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and rosemary. Cook about 2 minutes. Add broth and lemon juice, deglazing the pan using a wooden spoon. Simmer until slightly thickened (about 5 min).
- Return chicken and bacon to pan and simmer, turning chicken once until sauce is thick and glossy, about 4 minutes.
I also had to thicken the sauce with some cornstarch. I didn't have any chicken broth, but the glaze from browning the chicken made it very flavorful. Thanks for posting a great recipe. Made for I Recommend.
Fantastic! I really enjoyed the hints of rosemary and garlic in the sauce, and who wouldn't love the taste of bacon?!! I did save the crispy bacon to top the chicken, instead of putting it in with the sauce. I also thickened the sauce up a tad bit by adding 1 T. corn starch. My family ate every bit of their chicken dinner and loved every minute. Thank you!
I absolutely loved this! So full of flavor. The only thing I did different was to add some cornstarch to the broth to thicken it up. Next time I may just add a little more lemon too. This is a great weeknight meal, but is certainly elegant and yummy enough to serve to guests! Thanks so much for this, I will absolutely be making it again soon.