Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cook's Country.
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 7⁄8 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fry bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon with slotted spoon to plate lined with paper towels. Spoon off all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Meanwhile, place flour in shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, and shake to remove excess. Add butter to reserved bacon fat in skillet and heat over high heat, swirling to melt butter. When foam subsides, reduce heat to medium-high and cook chicken until browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate (leaving fat in skillet) and cover loosely with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes. Cook until garlic is browned and crisp, about 2 minutes. Add broth and lemon juice, scrape up browned bits from bottom of skillet with wooden spoon and simmer until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Return chicken and bacon to pan and simmer, turning chicken once or twice, until sauce is thick and glossy, 2 to 3 minutes. Adjust seasonings and serve immediately.
Truly a delicious meal! I loved it, my DSs loved it, there was no talking at dinner at we ate this up! There was also NO leftovers for my lunch! Next time, I will make more. This was quick enough for a weeknight and yummy enough for company. Thanks for a great recipe.
This is definitely a 5 star. It was on the spicy side, I might have added a bit more red pepper flakes and black pepper than called for, but we all liked it that way. I used thick sliced bacon and I chopped the garlic instead of sliced. This dish was even better the next day!
Make sure to have some good bread or pasta to soak up the yummy sauce. This dish is absolutely delicious and pretty easy to make as a bonus.