- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, halved horizontally and flattened to form 4 cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, divided
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml dry white wine or 29.58 ml dry vermouth
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4 slice of ripe fresh tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 118.29 ml sliced drained marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 slice fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper to taste and dredge them in the flour, coating them thoroughly and shaking off the excess.
- In a heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil over medium high heat, and in the fat sauté the cutlets in 2 batches for 1 minute on each side or until they are just cooked through. Transfer them to a baking dish and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the garlic, and cook stirring over medium low heat for a few moments. Add the wine and the lemon juice and simmer the mixture until it is reduced by half.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the remaining tablespoon butter, and swirl the skillet until the butter is incorporated in the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the cutlets, and top the cutlets with the tomato, the artichoke hearts, and the mozzarella.
- Broil the cutlets about 3 inches from the heat until the mozzarella is melted and begins to bubble.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.