Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This version of the versatile croquette is especially good when the chicken is put through a fine meat grinder instead of being chopped by hand. Or, you can opt to buy ground chicken from your grocer. Another tasty way to serve chicken that I have been making for years. From "What's Cooking?"
- 1 lb ground chicken (or chopped)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- In a large bowl, combine chopped chicken, onion, parsely, milk, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add additional breadcrumbs as needed to thicken batter.
- Divide mixture into four equal portions.
- Roll mixture into a patty. Shape the patty into a small cutlet.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dip each cutlet into eggs and coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a skillet, melt butter and cook chicken cutlets over very low heat for 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Cook in oven 30 minutes longer.
- Serve with a cream of mushroom sauce.
Loved these! What a great combination of flavors and its so easy to put together! I think I totally messed up tho because I cooked my chicken first then ground it using my food processor when I think in reality you were suppose to use raw ground chicken! Ooops! Got a bit ahead of myself! I did use egg beaters in place of the eggs and used only 1 Tablespoon of butter to fry them up in the pan before baking, otherwise followed the recipe as written except served them with mashed potatoes and no mushroom sauce, but will have to try that next time. Delicious! Thank you for posting your recipe! Made for PAC Fall 08.