Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a recipe booklet by Emeril and made it my own. He uses large chicken breasts pounded down, I used cutlets. They came out juicy and crunchy. They had so much flavor that we make this instead of using italian flavored bread crumbs. You can also use plain bread crumbs instead of panco.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken cutlets
- 1 1⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- cooking oil
- Put enough oil in a large frying pan to fill about a quarter of an inch.
- Put burner on medium heat.
- In a shallow dish mix the bread crumbs and Essence till well blended.
- Dip chicken into milk and then coat each side in breadcrumbs.
- Fry each side till slightly brown.
- Drain on paper towels to get the extra oil out.
This was wonderful! I reduced the panko and Emeril's a tad, and I made a quick pan sauce to pour over the chicken before serving. Everyone at the table loved this chicken and it went really well with mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. Easy and delicious, this one is a winner!
Delicious!!!!! My DH is not a big fan of chicken and after dinner he said "We could have this again". After I picked myself up off the floor I had to make sure to save this recipe to my favorites cookbook. Unbelievably easy with big taste. The seasoned panko is amazing as a coating and fries up so light and crisp. Thanks so much for sharing. *Made for PAC Spring 2010*
These were very good. Like you, I used chicken cutlets and just as written. Will make this again. Made for New Kids on he Block.