Recipe by Derf
A quick inexpensive dinner, very good served with garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, pickled beets and glazed carrots.
Top Review by Lilladyc
This recipe was delicious, and easy to make! I followed the recipe exactly. I used milk. They were very moist. I served them with mashed potatoes and gravy. Will definitely be making these again and again! Thanks!
- 2 slices good quality white bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream (or milk)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 5 tablespoons butter, 3 of them at room temperaure
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the bread into pieces, in a large bowl, soak the bread in the half and half until the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Mix the chicken, egg, salt, pepper, dill and the 3 tablespooons room temperature butter.
- Put in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the freezer, it will still be soft.
- Form the mixture in to four oval cutlets and coat them with the bread crumbs.
- In a large non stick frying pan, heat the remaining butter and the oil over moderate heat, cook the cutlets until golden brown and just done, 4 or 5 minutes per side.