Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was just fooling around the other evening and threw this together and enjoyed it so thought I would share it. Watch the crumbs don't burn. Quite tasty!
- 2 medium chicken cutlets (tenderized chicken steak)
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice (V8 or Clamato can be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (Peri Peri, Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or just spray fry pan)
- 6 -10 medium mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half
- Mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan, parsly, salt& pepper.
- Stir together the tomato juice& hot sauce.
- Dip chicken cutlets into the juice and then into the crumbs, press the crumbs into the cutlet Heat the fry pan, add oil or spray and over high heat quickly brown the chicken on both sides, be careful not to burn Turn down the heat to medium low, cover the cutlets and cook a few minutes to each side Add mushrooms, cover and finish cooking until the chicken is fully cooked.