Recipe by Bec
From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 2 lbs chicken cutlets, pounded thin
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted chicken stock (in 1/2 cup water) or 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules (in 1/2 cup water)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle cutlets with pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt the oil and margarine and saute the cutlets over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes on each side- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Blend flour with milk and stock.
- Add to pan drippings and cook and stir over medium heat until thick.
- Reduce heat and add wine, tarragon or basil, parsley and mushrooms.
- Heat thoroughly and serve immediately over cutlets.