Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This Curtis Stone original, via AOL, is a healthy, tasty entree that will be sure to please the most discriminating palate. I served with a spinach and vinegrette salad. I also used Kraft shredded parmesan cheese.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄3 cups finely grated parmesan cheese or 1 1⁄3 cups aged monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Using mallet, pound breasts between plastic wrap to about 1/4 inch.
- Place flour on plate and whisk eggs lightly in shallow bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs and cheese in seperate bowl.
- Sprinkle cutlets on each side with salt and pepper.
- Dip cutlets in flour to cover lighlty, then into eggs and then into breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to insure coverage.
- Place cutlets on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minute.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter add 1tbsp oil to each of two nonstick frypans over medium heat.
- Add 2 cutlets to each pan and cook until golden brown on bottom, about 4 minutes.
- Turn cutlets over, add 1 tbsp butter with 1/2 tbsp oil around cutlets in each pan. Cook another 4 min or until done and golden brown.
- Transfer cutlets to plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil and butter.