Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish from the Punjab takes only 30 minutes to prepare. In India fresh tomatoes would be used in this dish. courtesy bennet.com
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (2 -3 lb) roasting chickens
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- Use a casserole or large skillet with lid. Cook onions and curry powder in butter for 10 to 15 minutes. Add tomato sauce and salt.
- Disjoint and skin chicken, and place in sauce. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, turning frequently until sauce becomes quite dry and chicken tests done with fork, about 15 minutes.
- Add hot water, cover pot, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Makes 4 servings.