Recipe by Brian Holley
Spinach and chicken cooked together made a wonderful combination, the addition of the cream adds a touch of smoothness and luxury to the dish. Not too spicy and suits all tastes. As a supper dish you can serve it with buttered toast instead or rice. From start to finish about 30 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 pint double cream
- 8 ounces spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic till golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and spices and fry for 5 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper, add the spinach and cream and cook till chicken is tender, about 10 minutes.
- For a main course serve with boiled rice, as a supper dish serve with toast.