Recipe by Studentchef
This recipe came with a list of other recipes in an advertisement. It is a pitch, though for a line of ingredients owned and operated by Presidents Choice, which is mainly produced in Montreal. Zaar doesn't accept some of the ingredients on the list. So the canola oil, peas, and 8-vegetable cocktail, it all belongs to the President's Brand (PC) line of foods. Also, Zaar does not recognize the 8-vegetable cocktail, so I'm writing it here.
Top Review by breezermom
I made as posted, except I reduced the amount of onion a bit. I used V8 for the vegetable juice cocktail. Also, I used frozen peas instead of canned ones and added them a bit before the V8 to allow them to heat up. This is a very easy recipe to make on a weeknight. Lots of flavor for a short cooking time. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8.
- 2 teaspoons pure canola oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb extra lean ground chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons no name curry powder
- 2 teaspoons no name ground cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions for 10 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally, Reduce to medium-low; cook another 10-12 minutes or until deep golden and very soft.
- Increase heat to medium. Stir in chicken.
- Cook, stirring to break up meat, for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in garlic, ginger, curry powder, and cumin; cook for 3 minutes. Stir in peas and vegetable cocktail; cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Coriander.
- Serve with lime wedges and PC Louisiana Hot Sauce or with Basmati Rice, if desired.