1/3 Photos of Chicken Curry With Mango Chutney
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was picked up somewhere, somehow during the past 10 years or so, because it added a new deminsion to my stack of recipes that include mincemeat! There are several flavors of mango chutney, any one of which can be used here. The recipe can be made in advance & reheated, & it also freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tomato, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup mincemeat
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 (9 ounce) jar mango chutney
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1Heat oil in skillet, & brown chicken in oil.
- 2Remove chicken from skillet, & in same skillet, saute onion, garlic & gingerroot until soft.
- 3Add curry paste, chicken stock, tomato, salt & pepper, mixing well.
- 4Return chicken to skillet, then cover & cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through.
- 5Stir in mincemeat & heavy cream.
- 6Serve over rice & drizzle with chutney.
- 7Garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Curry With Mango Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.9
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 137.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: