Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful and easy every day meal. Serve with sticky rice.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced vertically
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk (1 can, 398 ml)
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a deep pan or pot and brown chicken pieces, remove.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and cook over medium heat for approx 3 minute
- Stir in curry paste and cayenne pepper, stir 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 25 min, stir often.
- Add tomatoes, mango and raisins and stir for 5 min.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
We really enjoyed this fruity curry Deantini. Made exactly as written using Thai red curry paste and the optional cayenne pepper. I did use more than 1/4 tsp as my dh enjoys his curry really spicy. This was so good, the raisins were a interesting touch. Love the different levels of flavor produced in this dish. Wouldn't change a thing about this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing this quick and easy to make dish that I will make again.
Wonderul easy curry especially for curry beginners!
I had to add frozen cilantro as at them moment I coudn't get fresh.
An other change was the use of only half coconut milk as what I wanted to use was the leftover of on other recipe. In any case this was perfect in this way as well.
Thanks a lot for your recipe.
Delicious. I added a bit more coconut milk for the rice, (Coconut Basmati Rice Pilaf, #348459), because we like a lot of sauce. I used 2 tablespoons red curry paste and it was SPICY! The heat of the curry paste and the sweet mangoes and raisins went very well together. I might even add some peanut butter next time! Easy to pull together, even on a weeknight. We enjoyed it. ZWT7 - Shady Ladies