Recipe by Grooved Pavement
This recipe has become a staple in my home. The crushed red pepper gives the dish some zing without being too spicy.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 6 ingredients in glass baking dish. Add chicken; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve marinade. Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add reserved marinade and chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to platter. Serve with rice and plain yogurt on the side, if desired.