Recipe by Annacia
From French Polynesia
Top Review by threeovens
This made for a very tasty and satisfying meal. I like all the different textures and flavors of this dish. Iused a boneless chicken breast fillet so didn't add it until adding the papaya so it wouldn't overcook and dry out. Made for ZWT 7 Gluten Free Cooking Challenge.
- 6 chicken, legs. drumstick and thigh portions
- 6 small sweet potatoes (yams)
- 3 papayas
- 1 lemon
- 3 bananas
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons curry, of your choice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons plum sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 spring onion, for the decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken legs in a roaster, brush with the mix of soy sauce, plum sauce and oil. Put aside in a cool place.
- Clean and peel the sweet potatoes and cook them in saltwater, to which has been added some sugar. When cooked drain the water and cut the potatoes into large slices.
- Wash and cut the papayas in half, remove the seeds, drip some lemon juice on each half, store in the fridge. Cook the fei (bananas) in the oven at 175oC. (Pos. 6/7) for about 15 minute (don't peel the bananas). Toss the garlic, slice the onion and put aside.
- 1 hour prior to serving, put the chicken legs into the oven, add the onion, garlic and the curry, put salt pepper and oil. After about 20 min cooking time, put 2 ladles bouillon over the chicken legs. 10 min later add the papayas the sweet potatoes and the peeled bananas and wet every 10 minute.
- Before serving, add the coconut milk. Check the finishing of the ingredients and the seasoning.
- Serve in hot plate, put the sauce, chicken leg, half a papaya, the sweet potatoes and half a banana. Baste with sauce decorate with the green onion.