Recipe by Maryland Jim
Got this recipe from an older Weight Watchers Cookbook (80's). Very easy to make and good with brown rice. Oh and tasty to boot!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Very nice recipe. We love curry dishes in this house and was nice to see this lower cal version. The only thing I did differant with this is first brown the chicken and then pour into the crock pot where I cooked it on low for 4 hours and then just before serving added the yogurt. I didn't see onions in the ingredient list so I used green onions and a whole can of chopped tomatoes. Served over chinese rice noodles. I do think next time like Sarah I'd add more curry to up the flavor a bit. Nice fresh flavor and easy to prepare. Made for Diabetic Challenge on ZWT 6
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken parts, skinned
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine yogurt and seasonings; add chicken parts, turning to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In 12 inch skillet heat oil; add onion and saute until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and bay leaf and let simmer for 5 minutes; add chicken and marinade mixture and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer, turning once to twice, until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes; remove bay leaf before serving.