Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
Got this recipe from an older Weight Watchers Cookbook (80's). Very easy to make and good with brown rice. Oh and tasty to boot!
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken parts, skinned
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 bay leaf
- In bowl, combine yogurt and seasonings; add chicken parts, turning to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In 12 inch skillet heat oil; add onion and saute until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and bay leaf and let simmer for 5 minutes; add chicken and marinade mixture and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer, turning once to twice, until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes; remove bay leaf before serving.
Very nice recipe. We love curry dishes in this house and was nice to see this lower cal version. The only thing I did differant with this is first brown the chicken and then pour into the crock pot where I cooked it on low for 4 hours and then just before serving added the yogurt. I didn't see onions in the ingredient list so I used green onions and a whole can of chopped tomatoes. Served over chinese rice noodles. I do think next time like Sarah I'd add more curry to up the flavor a bit. Nice fresh flavor and easy to prepare. Made for Diabetic Challenge on ZWT 6
Shukriya (thank you) for an easy and low fat curry recipe. It is the sort of recipe that would be good for somebody that is just discovering curry as it isn't as complex in flavour or heat as a 'proper' curry. The ingredients list doesn't mention onions for the directions did. So, I went with using a whole medium onion. I was worried that it was going to go dry, so I used a whole can of chopped tomatoes and it worked well. I also added a bit more curry powder just to bring it up to the level was are used to with a curry. A good, easy and healthy quick fix curry. Made for Zee Zany Zesty Cookz for ZWT6.
Please note that Food.com is not a WW site, and we cannot calculate the points for you; this is something you need to do with the tools that WW provided for you. WW also changes their point system every couple of years, so you'll need to use the current tools.