- 6 ounces finely chopped onions
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon caribbean curry powder, Caribbean Curry Powder
- 2 1⁄4 lbs diced cooked chicken or 2 1⁄4 lbs turkey
- 6 ounces peeled and sliced west indian pumpkin or 6 ounces hubbard squash
- 3 cups peeled and diced eggplants
- 2 cups peeled and sliced chayotes (mirliton or vegetable pear)
- 1 fresh hot chili pepper, seeded and chopped (or more)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions in a large skillet with a bit of broth until golden.
- Add the garlic and curry powder and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add all other ingredients except lime juice and salt.
- Cover and simmer until veggies are done.
- Stir in lime juice and add salt to taste.
- If desired, serve over plain rice.