A weight watchers recipe that lets you adjust the spiciness to your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces finely chopped onions
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon caribbean curry powder, Caribbean Curry Powder
- 2 1/4 lbs diced cooked chicken or 2 1/4 lbs turkey
- 6 ounces peeled and sliced west indian pumpkin or 6 ounces hubbard squash
- 3 cups peeled and diced eggplants
- 2 cups peeled and sliced chayotes (mirliton or vegetable pear)
- 1 fresh hot chili pepper, seeded and chopped (or more)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1Cook onions in a large skillet with a bit of broth until golden.
- 2Add the garlic and curry powder and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
- 3Add all other ingredients except lime juice and salt.
- 4Cover and simmer until veggies are done.
- 5Stir in lime juice and add salt to taste.
- 6If desired, serve over plain rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Curry Trinidad
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 33.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth