Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just hosted a 50th birthday party for a very good friend, (and it turned out for myself also!) and I made up this recipe being that I was overwhelmed. It turned out really good stuffed into mini pitas. I used more sambal and all 4 teaspoons curry powder. Everybody said I should put it on Zaar. So here goes:
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces mango chutney (Laurel's Mango Chutney chopped or 1 bottle , major gray's chopped)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine for crunchiness
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (or less to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (or more to your taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mini pita pockets, cut in half for stuffing
- salt and pepper
- Pull all the meat from the chicken, discarding skin, bones and gristle.
- When chicken meat is cooled, add mayo and all other ingredients.
- Combine and let set to develop flavors.
- I stuff them in mini-pitas cut in half. They were THE recipe at our party -- they are really good!
This was a very tasty sandwich filling (I scaled back to 2 servings and filled a croissant generously!). I think I would use a little less chutney and a little more mayo, for less sweet, but that's a personal thing. I also threw in half a chopped up spring onion I had which added even more crunch are really good flavour that was well-suited. Thanks.