Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Interesting twist on the twice-baked potato, especially if you love curry! From Pillsbury's 'Best Chicken Cookbook'. ALSO, with microwave directions for ease. ^---
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets or 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F Pierce potatoes with fork. Bake at 400 F for 45 to 55 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl using wire whisk, blend broth, flour, curry powder and onion salt. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Gradually add frozen broccoli and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth mixture; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, lemon juice and chicken. Cook over low heat 2 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, cut potatoes in half lengthwise, cutting to but not through bottom of potatoes. Mash slightly with fork. Place potatoes on 4 individuals plates; spoon chicken mixture over hot potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave Directions:.
- Pierce potatoes with fork; place on microwave-safe roasting rack. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes; turn potatoes. Microwave on HIGH for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender; cover to keep warm.
- In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, cook broccoli with bell peppers as directed on broccoli package; drain.
- In 4-cup microwave-safe measuring cup using wire whisk, blend broth, curry powder and onion salt. Microwave on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes, or until mixture boils and thickens, stirring once half way through cooking. Stir in sour cream, leamon juice and chicken. Add to cooked broccoli; mix well. Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, or until thoroughly heated, stirring once halfway through cooking. Serve as directed above.
Fantastic! Had it 2 nights ago and am planning to make it again tonight! Cooked the potato in the microwave but the curry in the pan. Really quick, easy and tasty. Thanks for a great weeknight meal!