Anything with coconut and lime just takes me right back to the tropics. I love this soup. It's actually a Thai recipe and is very easy and quick create. Plus, I usually have these ingredients on hand anyway, so it is also inexpensive. Enjoy.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup freshly cooked white rice
- lime wedge
- Bring chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder and chili to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chicken and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice between 4 bowls.
- Ladle soup over rice.
- Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro.
- Pass lime wedges separately.
Recipe was good but it felt like it was missing something, can't really figure out what it is though. Also, made it twice, second time we added another can of coconut milk which made it better, but it was still missing something.
Imade the soup with just one minor change; I used 1 1/2 cans of fat free reduced sodium chicken broth. My wife, who does not like curry dishes had two bowls. Need I say more?
Made this for dinner the other night and it was good, but we all thought it needed more salt. Easy fix, we will continue to make this, DD thought it would be good with shrimp in place of chicken too. thank you for sharing with us.