Anything with coconut and lime just takes me right back to the tropics. I love this soup. It's actually a Thai recipe and is very easy and quick create. Plus, I usually have these ingredients on hand anyway, so it is also inexpensive. Enjoy.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup freshly cooked white rice
- lime wedge
- Bring chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder and chili to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chicken and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice between 4 bowls.
- Ladle soup over rice.
- Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro.
- Pass lime wedges separately.