Jean R's Note:
I love curry and coconut milk together. My entire family enjoys the flavors in this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 yukon gold potato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1In a 5-quart pan, combine onion, ginger, mustard seed and 1/4 cup water. Stir often over medium high heat until onion is tinged with brown, 5 to 7 minutes (pan bottom will become dark brown during this process). Add curry powder and stir about 30 seconds.
- 2Add potatoe, chicken broth and bell pepper to pan; stir to release the browned bits. Bring it to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Cut up the chicken into 1 inch cubes, add to the simmering soup and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- 4In a bowl blend a little of the coconut milk with the cornstarch until smooth, then add the remaining coconut milk. Stir mixture into the soup.
- 5Add peas and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 6Ladle curry into bowls, garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Curry Soup
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.3
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 746.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 26.5 g