Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love curry and coconut milk together. My entire family enjoys the flavors in this soup.
Make and share this Chicken Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 yukon gold potato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a 5-quart pan, combine onion, ginger, mustard seed and 1/4 cup water. Stir often over medium high heat until onion is tinged with brown, 5 to 7 minutes (pan bottom will become dark brown during this process). Add curry powder and stir about 30 seconds.
- Add potatoe, chicken broth and bell pepper to pan; stir to release the browned bits. Bring it to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut up the chicken into 1 inch cubes, add to the simmering soup and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- In a bowl blend a little of the coconut milk with the cornstarch until smooth, then add the remaining coconut milk. Stir mixture into the soup.
- Add peas and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Ladle curry into bowls, garnish with cilantro.