Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this Chicken Curry Skillet With Rice Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces wide rice noodles, broken
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans or 1 (16 ounce) packagesugar snap pea stir fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) canunsweetened light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil
- Soak rice noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is longer pink, adding stir-fry vegetables for the last 4 minutes of cooking. Remove chicken mixture from skillet.
- In the same skillet, combine coconut milk, water, sugar, fish sauce, curry paste, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in rice noodles and chicken mixture. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until noodles are tender but still firm and sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with basil.