Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 8 ounces wide rice noodles, broken
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans or 1 (16 ounce) packagesugar snap pea stir fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) canunsweetened light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil
- Soak rice noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is longer pink, adding stir-fry vegetables for the last 4 minutes of cooking. Remove chicken mixture from skillet.
- In the same skillet, combine coconut milk, water, sugar, fish sauce, curry paste, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in rice noodles and chicken mixture. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until noodles are tender but still firm and sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with basil.