Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A curry salad that can be used as a topper for traditional salad or as a sandwich or pita filling...light and healthy! This dish tastes best cold so optimal serving would be if you made it a few hours early and refrigerated it
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (yellow)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated on the cheese grater with the teeny holes)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked
- 1 apple, medium, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- combine yogurt, lemon juice, curry, ginger and a dash of salt in a bowl, refrigerate.
- mix chicken, apple, onions, and almonds in a bowl and toss.
- add yogurt curry topping to chicken mix; toss.
- slowly mix in mango.
Love this one, will make it again. Though I like spicy, I think I'll cut down the red onion next time. I omitted mango and apple (don't have them in my fridge this time) and serve this on top of greens. Oh, I used Brown Cow Mapple youghurt (what I have right now).
If you love curry, this recipe is definitely a 'must make'. I omitted the red onion, green onion, and mango (mango is not in season in my climate) and the result was excellent. I've also made with canned turkey and canned chicken--both excellent results. Will definitely make again.