1/7 Photos of Chicken Curry Pie With Sweet Potato
Taste's recipe of the day. I made this the other night-it was great. The two teaspoons oil, ginger, garlic and salt and pepper were my additions to the original recipe ( I just can't make a curry without ginger and garlic) I made this in a 4 cup ovenproof dish rather than the one cup ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g sweet potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped (kumara)
- 9.85 ml oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 9.85 ml grated fresh ginger
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 600 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 22.18 ml korma curry paste
- 9.85 ml all-purpose flour
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 78.07 ml water
- 236.59 ml frozen peas, thawed
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh coriander
- 9.85 ml fresh lime juice
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C Cook sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan. Mash until smooth.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Sauté onion, garlic, ginger and carrot, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- 3Add chicken and stir for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- 4Add curry paste and stir for 1 minute.
- 5Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Add tomato and water and stir. Bring to boil.
- 6Cook for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Add peas, coriander, lime juice and sugar, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Divide curry among four 250ml (1-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Place on a baking tray. Top with sweet potato. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with steamed green vegetables (broccoli or beans would be good).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Curry Pie With Sweet Potato
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 328.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 38.2 g