Recipe by Chef Mystra
This is my adaption of a gourmet version of the recipe. Much easier and just as tasty as the original! Have all your ingrdients ready to go before starting to make the sauce!
Top Review by toothfarymail-maps
Tasty but really very little curry taste. I would change the name of the dish. I added a few chili peppers and a little sugar and soy sauce. I also put the tomatoes in the blender for a few pulses as I don't like large chunks of tomatoes. It might need some more tweaking before I make it again.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced onion (small to medium)
- minced garlic (1 to 3 cloves depending on your garlic love)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, drained (very important to drain)
- 1 cup chicken stock (low sodium canned)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 lb frozen diced chicken
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan, heat the butter.
- Saute the pepper, onion, and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder. Continue to cook 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and sour cream. Simmer until thickened.
- Stir in diced chicken. Simmer until chicken is heated through.
- While sauce simmers, cook penne according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and put in serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over penne. Stir.
- Sprinkle with almonds, if desired or put on table to let each person add their own.