Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my adaption of a gourmet version of the recipe. Much easier and just as tasty as the original! Have all your ingrdients ready to go before starting to make the sauce!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced onion (small to medium)
- minced garlic (1 to 3 cloves depending on your garlic love)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, drained (very important to drain)
- 1 cup chicken stock (low sodium canned)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 lb frozen diced chicken
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- In a sauce pan, heat the butter.
- Saute the pepper, onion, and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder. Continue to cook 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and sour cream. Simmer until thickened.
- Stir in diced chicken. Simmer until chicken is heated through.
- While sauce simmers, cook penne according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and put in serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over penne. Stir.
- Sprinkle with almonds, if desired or put on table to let each person add their own.
Tasty but really very little curry taste. I would change the name of the dish. I added a few chili peppers and a little sugar and soy sauce. I also put the tomatoes in the blender for a few pulses as I don't like large chunks of tomatoes. It might need some more tweaking before I make it again.