Recipe by janem123
This recipe is from Reynolds Kitchens. I double the amount of sauce when I make this. I also omit the raisins and use petite diced tomatoes so that the kids will eat. Quick and easy.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (about 4 breast halves)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- chutney, to garnish
- sliced banana (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sprinkle sugar over onion. Cook about 3 minutes, or until onion is transparent.
- Stir in garlic, curry powder, cinnamonm and red pepper flakes. Cook 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, raisins, and yogurt.
- Center 1/4 of curry mixture on a 12 X 18 sheet of heavy duty foil. Arrange 1/4 of chicken in a even layer over curry mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bring up sides of foil. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room inside for heat to circulate. Repeat to make 4 packets.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 450* for 18- 22 minutes. Stir before serving. Spoon over cooked rice. Top with desired garnish.