Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the "Joy of Cooking". Posted in reply to a request.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped very fine
- 3 -4 tablespoons chutney (optional)
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add flour and curry powder and stir until blended.
- Whisk in chicken broth; heat and whisk until it comes to a boil;add paprika.
- Beat together egg yolks and cream.
- Reduce heat until soup is not boiling.
- Stir in egg yolk mixture, and continue to cook and stir until soup thickens.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Add chicken meat.
- and warm through Garnish with chutney.