Recipe by Diana Sue Story
An old Family recipe that's easy to make since I can do it. It has to be easy. From the Betty Crocker's New Picture Cook Book copyright 1960
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup hot water)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 -4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low in heavy saucepan.
- Saute onion and curry in melted butter.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Cook over low heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken broth and milk. bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Add chicken and lemon juice.
- Spoon Chicken Curry over the rice.