Recipe by Tish
Cooking this Chicken Curry this way is less expensive because groceries are bought in bulk, meals are planned, and nothing is wasted. And it's "from scratch" even if you did pull it out of the freezer! Cook time includes the warm up from the freezer
Top Review by ladypit
I made this as a OAMC recipe and put it in the freezer. We thought this was ok. Not spectacular, just so-so. There was way too much rice for the amount of meat and sauce, and I thought the meat was kind of dry. Probably not one I'll make again, but I'm still trying to figure out which OAMC meals work best for us. Thanks for posting, Tish!
- 8 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
- Add chicken.
- Sauté briefly.
- In separate bowl mix flour, curry powder and salt.
- Slowly stir in water and lemon juice to make paste.
- Add tomato sauce and garlic and pour mixture over chicken mixture.
- To freeze, freeze in ziploc plastic bag.
- Freeze rice in separate ziploc bag.
- To serve, thaw.
- Place rice in casserole dish.
- Place chicken mixture over top of rice.
- Heat through on 350°, about 30 min.