Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a curry recipe for the freezer. I got it from Fix, Freeze, Feast.
- 6 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, half's
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup curry powder
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and cook over meduim heat until no longer pink. Remove from heat cool and divide between 3 one gallon freezer bags.
- Melt butter in a seperate saucepan over meduim heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add curry powder,ginger, garlic, sugar, bouillon, and salt cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add flour cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add water and milk. Cook stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Whisk to make a smooth sauce and add lemon juice.
- Cool and divide evenly over chicken.
- Seal and freeze.
- To use one entree. Take out and thaw completely in the refrigerator.
- Heat in skillet over meduim heat. Do not boil.
- Serve over rice.