1 hr 15 mins
Best home-made curry recipe I've found so far. Yummy! Great recipe to make the day before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, crushed
- 4 teaspoons green chilies, chopped
- 12 large chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 400 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1Stir cornflour into yoghurt. Put aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until beginning to colour. Reduce heat to medium and saute onions until dark golden brown.
- 3Stir in ginger, garlic and chillies. Saute for a further two minutes.
- 4Increase heat to medium-high and add chicken. Brown well.
- 5Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle ground coriander, cumin, turmeric and cayenne pepper over chicken. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- 6Add tomatoes, yogurt mixture, 1/2 cup fresh coriander and salt. Mix well, cover and bring to boil.
- 7Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked.
- 8Turn off heat. Stir in garam masala and three tablespoons fresh coriander.
- 9Garnish with remaining coriander and serve with rice and/or Indian breads.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Curry - North Indian Style
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.8
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 777.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 26.6 g