Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I received this recipe and Free MrCurrys Instant Curry Spice through MrCurrys.com site.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 large peeled onion, diced
- 1 piece ginger, crushed or 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger paste
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 -4 teaspoon of mrcurrys.com's instant curry powder
- 8 ounces coconut milk (canned coconut milk will do)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, of your choice
- Heat a medium, nonstick dry pan over medium high heat.
- Pour 1 tablespoon cooking oil into the pan.
- Add diced onion and adequate salt to the pan and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1- 4 teaspoon of MrCurrys.
- com's Instant Curry Powder (1- very mild, 2-mild, 3-spicy, 4-very spicy), garlic, and ginger to the pan and Stir the mix for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken into the pan and stir for 1 minutes.
- Add diced tomato and coconut milk into the pan and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken pieces are cooked to your satisfaction.
- Stir repeatedly to ensure that the curry does not burn and stick to the botton.
- Now you have"Coconut Chicken Curry" ready to serve.
- Suggested serving: Good to serve 4 people with cooked rice (Basmati or Jasmine rice are good), heated tortillas, or bread.
- Note: I received this recipe and free MrCurrys instant Curry spice from MrCurrys.
Hi! The outcome was finger-licking Delicious, but I used way more curry powder. You could smell the curry but hardly taste it, and I was wanting the mild taste anyway for my toddlers and hubby (maybe b/c I didn't use the MrCurry brand??). I used ground ginger since I had it and light coconut juice to make it even healthier; worked wonderfully. Most importantly: you will need to increase the length of time to cook the chicken! Unless you want raw curry chicken. I kept taking a piece out and slicing it to see if it was done inside and it wasnt. So i cooked it in the pan for another 10 min or so, and it still wasnt done b/c of the sauce i guess. So i put a lid on it and simmered for about 25 more minutes. Finally, done just right. Next time I plan to cook the chicken all the way before adding the sauce. I imagine it would taste exactly the same. 5* on taste, 4* for the confusion in the directions. Thanks for sharing, Jesus bless you!
I tried the recipe and it came out very good with MrCurrys Instant Curry spice. Thanks for the tip. -Susan