Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great recipe from Men's Health magazine.
- 1 small acorn squash
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Cut the squash in half. Rub it with half the oil and the salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet and roast until flesh is soft and brown, about 25 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, heat the remaining oil in large pan over medium heat. add the chicken, bell pepper and onion. Sauté for 3 minutes then add the curry powder, milk and raisins. Mix thoroughly. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve a scoop of the chicken curry inside the roasted squash, garnish with cilantro.