Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Start with rotisserie chicken, and your dinner is ready in minutes. (Sometimes it's not the entree that's tricky;it's the side dish. So make sure the rice is perfect.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups cooked white rice (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Sprinkle with the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the yogurt and cream and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, and tomatoes (if using). Remove from heat.
- Slice or shred the chicken, discarding the skin and bones. Divide the rice (if using) and chicken among individual bowls, spoon the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the cilantro.
This made a very nice quick dinner tonight. I used fat free yogurt and evaporated milk for the cream to lower the fat amount and for me that worked well. It went along with Basmati rice, snow peas and broccoli. This was easy and quick to make. You can have a satisfying weeknight dinner on the table in under 30 mins. You gotta love that. :D