Recipe by Sue Lau
Watch out or you might get pulled over for a speeding ticket in the kitchen! Ready in 20 minutes. :)
Top Review by jentastic
Delicious! After reading through several recipes for chicken curry, I decided to try this one based on what I already had in the pantry. The modifications I made were to omit the raisins, and to double the cayenne and curry powder as other reviewers suggested. Additionally, I didn't have yogurt on hand so I substituted sour cream and it worked just fine. DH and I ate this dish served over rice and both agree that it was a success. Thanks for such a great recipe!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, salt and cayenne pepper in a plastic bag; add chicken in small batches, shaking to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned; then add curry powder and toss to coat.
- Remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic to pan, adding a little more oil if necessary, and cook for 2 minutes, then add broth, raisins, and tomato paste.
- Return chicken to pan and simmer uncovered for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with cilantro and a dollop of yogurt.
- Serve with quick cooking minute rice, if desired.