1/1 Photo of Chicken Curry in a Hurry
Great curry dish :P
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon corn oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisin (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder (to taste)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup sour cream
- minced fresh cilantro (to garnish) or fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Put the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the onions (and optional raisins), sprinkle with some salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle with half of the curry powder, and continue to cook a minute or two.
- 2Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle it with the remaining curry powder. Move the onion to one side of the skillet and add the chicken in one layer. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- 3Add the sour cream and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture is nice and thick. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for a couple more minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.
- 4Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Curry in a Hurry
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.8
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.1 mg
- Sodium 105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 28.3 g