Great curry dish :P
Make and share this Chicken Curry in a Hurry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon corn oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yellow curry powder (to taste)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup sour cream
- minced fresh cilantro (to garnish) or fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Put the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the onions (and optional raisins), sprinkle with some salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle with half of the curry powder, and continue to cook a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle it with the remaining curry powder. Move the onion to one side of the skillet and add the chicken in one layer. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the sour cream and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture is nice and thick. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for a couple more minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with rice.
We really liked this. It was like a sophisticated curry with a smooth taste. Raisings are a must.We mostly had Japanese curry till now at home. Have been making it for two years now but for some reason I couldn't find the recipe to review it. have made this a lot of times.
Pretty good recipe! My wife cooked it and it was very fast and tasty. She was not impressed by it, as she said that it is the same as the chicken curry you get in the Chinese takeaway. I, on the other hand, liked it very much. I believe to be much better and healthier than takeaway food.
DEFINATELY a curry in a hurry true! Used red onions and no fat Greek yogurt too! Very tasty, makes curry quick, I let it simmer longer so the sauce would get thick! THANKS! Helpful hint...make sure chicken is in small bite size pieces too, and definately make one layer on side of pan too! Cheers! Did I MENTION added bit of chilli flakes too? As thought for personal taste could use a big of a kick, TRUE!