Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
For those who love curry, this is irresistable
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- fluffy cooked rice (or saffron rice to serve 4)
- Cut chicken into small piece and place in crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except rice.
- Cover, cook high 2 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve over hot rice.
I think this was good but for our tastes it was also very salty reduced to 1t. Next time plan to reduce to 1/2t or adding salt to taste afterwards but otherwise yummy.
I always follow recipe instructions to the T the first time I make something. This was my first curry and I didn't care much for it. I used Penzey's Sweet Curry. The dish was too salty, but it was very easy to do. I will try again with the curry mentioned below and reduce the salt.
This is not what I expected AT ALL, but it was VERY good! I only added 1t of the salt as I felt a tablespoon was too much. It did need more than I added, but still not as much as the recipe stated. I used chicken breast tenders and Penszy's Maharajah curry powder. I served this over steamed basmati rice. A very good meal, DH even asked me to make it again.