Recipe by PalauanPancake
Mild Japanese curry, cream and shredded coconut always please dinner guests. Found in Junior League of Honolulu cookbook "A Taste of Aloha". I add 1/2 cup finely chopped granny smith apple to the sauce and substitute half of the raisins for currants. The apple for a super mellow tart sweetness and currants because all that raisin is too syrupy sweet.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (I use "S&B Oriental curry powder")
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisins or 3⁄4 cup regular raisins
- 16 crepes (I use store bought)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onion and parsley until onion is soft but not brown.
- Stir in flour and curry and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and cream.
- When smooth, add coconut and simmer for five minutes.
- Add half the curry sauce to the chicken and raisins.
- Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture on each crepe.
- Roll the crepes and place seam side down in a buttered baking dish.is.
- Cover with remaining curry sauce.
- Crepes may be refrigerated at this point for several hours or baked in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until sauce bubbles.
- Sprinkle with nuts and bake for five minutes.