Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in good food magazine, but I have tweeked it and made it even better.
Make and share this Chicken Curry Coup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (chopped)
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 -3 tablespoons curry paste (more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over med heat.
- Add curry paste and saute a min or 2.
- Add cut up chicken breasts and saute till all covered in paste and no longer pink.
- Add chicken brith and cans of coconut milk, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes and uncooked rice.
- Once at a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 20 mins, til sweet potato is soft and rice is tender.
- Turn off the heat and add the frozen peas.
- Let stand 5 mins.