Recipe by JNettles
This is a combination of recipes for Chicken Curry/Massamun. I love the comfort of creamy coconut milk and spicy red curry. The aroma of the rice with the sweet yet spicy sauce just warms me up. My husband loves it and it's one of those delicious dishes that doesn't take much time.
Top Review by Kristi Waterworth
I'm wondering if you meant 1-4 tsp. of red curry paste... ours was unbelievably hot with 2 tblsp. We generally eat hot things, so hot is HOT, baby! :) Flavor was good, though, heat was just a lot much. I'll be making this again, but with adjustments. :)
- jasmine rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken (Rotisserie Chicken from grocery store)
- 1 cup fresh snow pea (can use green beans as substitute)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth (I use low sodium)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 dash salt, to taste (can be less (or more)
- 1 -4 tablespoon red curry paste (if you like it spicy - 4 tablespoons, Medium 2 1/2, Mild 1)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package.
- Heat Coconut Milk on medium, whisk in Curry Paste when milk is warm.
- Add chicken broth. Cook for 2 minutes until bubbly.
- Add the brown sugar and salt to taste.
- Add the vegetable and cook on medium for 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and reduce to low heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes to absorb best flavor. (can be more or less, but the longer time you let it simmer, the more flavorfull it becomes.).
- Remove from heat and serve over rice.