Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe that has been adapted from one of those treasured church cookbooks. My family has been enjoying this meal for over nine years now and still love it.
- Cook chicken in water with salt and pepper.
- Microwave or steam broccoli until crisp-tender.
- Arrange chicken over broccoli in greased casserole dish.
- In bowl combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread sauce over chicken and broccoli.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with white or wild rice.
Excellent dish! Very easy to make and the taste was great. I microwaved the broccoli about five minutes on high. The next time I make the dish I think I will cut my chicken breasts up into strips before putting them into the casserole dish so that the flavor of the sauce can more easily penetrate. Thanks for the recipe.
My family liked it, but weren't super excited. I'd never "boiled" chicken before. I thought it turned out pretty tasteless compared to just cubing and browning it, so I'll do it that way next time. Also, I agree that some onions would be a good addition.
Very good and easy recipe! I agree that I would chop the chicken up to absorb the flavors a bit more. I left the chicken breasts whole, but it was still very delicious! I would definately make this again!!