This is a great, simple curry, with only a little bite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small onions, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 (2 lb) fryer chickens (legs, wings or thighs) or 2 (2 lb) chicken parts (legs, wings or thighs)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1Cook onions, garlic and butter on medium heat until onions are soft and yellow.
- 2Stir in curry, chili powder and salt.
- 3Add 2 cups of the coconut milk.
- 4Add the chicken and the potatoes.
- 5Cover tightly and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender.
- 6Add remaining 1 cup of coconut milk and chopped peanuts.
- 7Simmer for 10 minutes, then serve on Basmati rice!
- 8PS-You could easily use cut up chicken breasts, just watch the cooking time so they don't get too dry!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Curry (Cambodian)
Serving Size: 1 (623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1466.3
- Calories from Fat 653
- Total Fat 72.5 g
- Saturated Fat 35.7 g
- Cholesterol 268.0 mg
- Sodium 1117.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 79.9 g
- Protein 91.3 g